Welcome to the BASHH Sexual Health Adviser & Nurse (SHAN) Special Interest Group site.
The SHAN SIG was formed in 2018 and seeks to be an active group of the organisation. Our role is:
- To represent the professional interests of Health Advisers and Nurses working in integrated sexual health (GUM & Contraception) and/or HIV services, including those in Research and community charitable sexual health focus organisations.
- To promote Health Advisers and Nurses to join BASHH and engage at all level within the organisation.
- To advise on, and offer support and advice on BASHH approved training and education to members.
- To influence the Sexual Healthcare agenda as a whole and the agenda of BASHH.
- To be a body for Health Advisers and Nurses on other BASHH committees to report to and seek support from.
We have produced an abstract guide which is intended to guide you through the process of writing an abstract, please click here to access.
- Creation, organising and marking/awarding of SHA & Nurse Conference Scholarships 2020
- Organisation and facilitation of MDT Innovation Award 2020 (Cathy Harman)
- Arranging SHAN BASHH Scientific Meeting October 2020
- Creation of National SH PGDs alongside SPS & FSRH
- Promotion of BASHH membership to SHA & Nurses across the UK.
- Organisation of SHA & Nurse Conference Symposium (BASHH Spring Conference 2019).
- Collaboration with Royal College of Nursing (RCN) to support and promote the profession and the Society of Sexual Health Advisers (SSHA) to support their work on partner notification and the specialty
- Develop the emerging ‘Nurse Associate’ role in Sexual Health
- Look at how to support staff in terms of vicarious trauma
Terms of reference:
Click here to read
Chair: Belinda Loftus
Secretary: Lisa Walton
Treasurer: Paul Teale
Webmaster: Lisa Walton
Click Here to read
Officer Job descriptions:
Please e-mail email@example.com with any queries
- Zac Dolan
- Jodie Crossman
- Felicity Young
- Emma Collins
- Sarah Smith
- Ceri Evans
- Dr Matthew Grundy Bowers
- Michelle Jenkins
- Regina Sliw
- Mike Passfield
- Royal College of Nursing 'Sexual Health' page (partly written by the SHAN SIG)
- Society of Sexual Health Advisers (SSHA)
- National HIV Nurses Association
- The Specialist Pharmacy Service (SPS) has worked with BHIVA/BASHH and specialist stakeholders to produce a national PGD template for PrEP.
The aim of the template is to provide a consistent presentation with consideration of legislative and clinical parameters.
Please see the SPS website for more information: www.sps.nhs.uk/articles/sexual-health-patient-group-direction-pgd-templates/