Welcome to the BASHH Sexual Health Adviser & Nurse (SHAN) Special Interest Group site.
The SHAN SIG was formed in 2018 and seeks to be an active group of the organisation. Our role is:
- To represent the professional interests of Health Advisers and Nurses working in integrated sexual health (GUM & Contraception) and/or HIV services, including those in Research and community charitable sexual health focus organisations.
- To promote Health Advisers and Nurses to join BASHH and engage at all level within the organisation.
- To advise on, and offer support and advice on BASHH approved training and education to members.
- To influence the Sexual Healthcare agenda as a whole and the agenda of BASHH.
- To be a body for Health Advisers and Nurses on other BASHH committees to report to and seek support from.
- Creation, organising and marking/awarding of SHA & Nurse Conference Scholarships 2020
- Organisation and facilitation of MDT Innovation Award 2020 (Cathy Harman)
- Arranging SHAN BASHH Scientific Meeting October 2020
- Creation of National SH PGDs alongside SPS & FSRH
- Promotion of BASHH membership to SHA & Nurses across the UK.
- Organisation of SHA & Nurse Conference Symposium (BASHH Spring Conference 2019).
- Collaboration with Royal College of Nursing (RCN) to support and promote the profession and the Society of Sexual Health Advisers (SSHA) to support their work on partner notification and the specialty
- Develop the emerging ‘Nurse Associate’ role in Sexual Health
- Look at how to support staff in terms of vicarious trauma
Terms of reference:
Click here to read
Chair: Jodie Crossman
Secretary: Mr Jodie Walker-Haywood
Treasurer: Belinda Loftus
Webmaster: Tristan Griffiths
Click Here to read
Officer Job descriptions:
Please e-mail email@example.com with any queries
Kelly Walsh - North West
Dr Matthew Grundy-Bowers - London
Holly Royston-Ward - London
Felicity Young - Isle of Wight
Michelle Jenkins - London
Belinda Loftus - North East
Paul Teale - Midlands
Laura Ellis - Scotland
Sarah Smith - South East
Ruth Bailey - South East
Zac Dolan - North East
Suzanne Williams - Wales
Tristan Griffiths - London
Helen Jackson - North East
Mike Passfield - East of England
Ceri Evans - London
Cindy Gilmour - London
Emma Collins - South West
Regina Sliw - London, COSRT
- Royal College of Nursing 'Sexual Health' page (partly written by the SHAN SIG)
- Society of Sexual Health Advisers (SSHA)
- National HIV Nurses Association
- The Specialist Pharmacy Service (SPS) has worked with BHIVA/BASHH and specialist stakeholders to produce a national PGD template for PrEP.
The aim of the template is to provide a consistent presentation with consideration of legislative and clinical parameters.
Please see the SPS website for more information: www.sps.nhs.uk/articles/sexual-health-patient-group-direction-pgd-templates/