Welcome to the BASHH Sexual Health Adviser & Nurse (SHAN) Special Interest Group site.
The SHAN SIG was formed in 2018 and seeks to be an active group of the organisation. Our role is:
- To represent the professional interests of Health Advisers and Nurses working in integrated sexual health (GUM & Contraception) and/or HIV services, including those in Research and community charitable sexual health focus organisations.
- To promote Health Advisers and Nurses to join BASHH and engage at all level within the organisation.
- To advise on, and offer support and advice on BASHH approved training and education to members.
- To influence the Sexual Healthcare agenda as a whole and the agenda of BASHH.
- To be a body for Health Advisers and Nurses on other BASHH committees to report to and seek support from.
- Creation, organising and marking/awarding of SHA & Nurse Conference Scholarships 2020
- Organisation and facilitation of MDT Innovation Award (Cathy Harman)
- Arranging SHAN BASHH Scientific Meeting October 2020
- Creation of National SH PGDs alongside SPS & Faculty
- Promotion of BASHH membership to SHA & Nurses across the UK.
- Organisation of SHA & Nurse Conference Symposium (BASHH Spring Conference 2019).
Terms of reference:
Click here to read
Chair: Jodie Crossman
Secretary: Mr Jodie Walker-Haywood
Treasurer: Belinda Loftus
Webmaster: Tristan Griffiths
Click Here to read
Officer Job descriptions:
Please e-mail email@example.com with any queries
Peter Davis - North East
Kelly Walsh - North West
Dr Matthew Grundy-Bowers - London
Holly Royston-Ward - London
Felicity Young - Isle of Wight
Michelle Jenkins - London
Belinda Loftus - North East
Paul Teale - Midlands
Laura Ellis - Scotland
Sarah Smith - South East
Ruth Bailey - South East
Zac Dolan - North East
Suzanne Williams - Wales
Tristan Griffiths - London
Helen Jackson - North East
Mike Passfield - East of England
Ceri Evans - London
Cindy Gilmour - London
- Royal College of Nursing 'Sexual Health' page (partly written by the SHAN SIG)
- Society of Sexual Health Advisers (SSHA)
- National HIV Nurses Association