BASHH Clinical Effectiveness Group Guidelines
(last updated 18th August 2014)
NICE has accredited the process used by the British Association for Sexual Health & HIV (BASHH) to produce its UK national guidelines. Accreditation is valid for 5 years from January 2011. More information on accreditation can be viewed at www.nice.org.uk/accreditation.
For full details on our accreditation visit: www.nice.org.uk/accreditation.
See also the Clinical Effectiveness Group page
- The 2010 HPA guidance on Gonorrhoea testing in England & Wales has been updated and replaced by a new document - "Guidance for the detection of gonorrhoea in England Aug 2014" - see below (18th August 2014)
- The draft 2014 Warts guideline consultation has now closed. Final document in preparation (4th August 2014)
- The 2014 draft NGU guideline is now closed to consultation - Final document in preparation (21st July 2014)
- The 2014 Molluscum contagiosum guideline is now available - see below (21st July 2014)
- The new BASHH CEG 2014 summary guidance on tests for Sexually Transmitted Infections is now available - see below (11th July 2014)
- The 2014 draft Chlamydia guideline is now out for public consultation - see below (7th July 2014)
Draft documents out for public consultation
The following draft documents are out for wider consultation for 2 months .Please email the designated contact if you have any comments.
The draft 2014 Chlamydia guideline is now out for public consultation. Please email the CEG lead for this guideline, Dr Keith Radcliffe at Keith.Radcliffe@uhb.nhs.uk with an email marked 'Chlamydia guideline' if you have any comments.
Closing date for comments: 1st September 2014
The draft patient information leaflet (PIL) for Trichomonas vaginalis is now available for consultation. If you have any comments please send these to Dr Stephen Higgins, editor of BASHH PILs at: Steve.Higgins@pat.nhs.uk. Please put ‘TV PIL feedback’ as your subject.
Closing date for comments: 2nd August 2014
The draft patient information leaflet (PIL) for Bacterial vaginosis is now available for consultation. If you have any comments please send these to Dr Stephen Higgins, editor of BASHH PILs at: Steve.Higgins@pat.nhs.uk. Please put ‘BV PIL feedback’ as your subject. Closing date for comments: 3rd August 2014
BASHH PATIENT INFORMATION LEAFLETS
Note: BASHH asserts copyright for the patient information contained on this website. It is happy for these materials to be disseminated, in either electronic or paper form, provided the following conditions are met:
(1) The content is not altered in any way (including the presence of the BASHH logo)
(2) That they are not utilised in any way in commercial activities intended to make a profit
The BASHH CEG 2014 summary guidance on tests for Sexually Transmitted Infections (July 2014)
Systemic presentation and complications
Guidelines accepted by National Guideline Clearing House:
- Copyright: most of these guidelines have appeared in print and the copyright belongs to the original publishers (see notice below). They can be freely used for purposes of personal study and education.
- The BASHH National Audit Group has produced a set of audit proformas for conducting audit on certain CEG guidelines. They may be accessed here
Please note: as of October 2012 the membership of the CEG is Dr Keith Radcliffe (Chair), Dr Mark FitzGerald, Dr Deepa Grover, Dr Steve Higgins, Dr Margaret Kingston, Dr Neil Lazaro, Dr Louise Melvin and Dr Ann Sullivan.
The editors have checked with sources believed to be reliable in their efforts to eliminate error and to provide drug treatment schedules and dosages that are complete and accord with the standards accepted at the time of publication. However, readers are strongly advised to check the information provided is accurate and that changes have not been made in the recommended dose or in the contraindications for administration.
*Guidelines marked with an asterisk
These documents have been published in the International Journal of STD and AIDS and an exclusive licence to publish belongs to SAGE Publications Ltd. Users wishing to download and reproduce this material for purposes other than personal study or education should contact: Rights & Permissions Department, SAGE Publications, 1 Oliver's Yard, 55 City Yard, London EC1Y 1SP, UK. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Guidelines not marked with an asterisk
BASHH asserts copyright of these guidelines. It is happy for them to be disseminated, in either electronic or paper form, provided the following conditions are met:
1. The content is not altered in any way
2. That they are not utilised in commercial activities intended to make a profit
When citing the guidelines on the web, please give the full title of the guideline, followed by the name/names of the author(s) (in the same way as for paper publications), followed by the full web address and the date when it was accessed. E.g., National Guideline on the Management of Non-gonococcal Urethritis. Horner P J, Shahmanesh M. www.bashh.org/guidelines/2002/NGU 09 01c.pdf [accessed 22 July 2004].
OTHER CLINICAL GUIDANCE ENDORSED BY BASHH